The unit was established after careful observation of the need for discipline in the Agency and as it is generally in para-military and law enforcement Agencies. The Provost is in charge of impartation of discipline to senior and junior commission and non-commission officers. The provost is the para-military police of the agency and he is in charge of laws and order.
- Enforcement of discipline
- Criminal investigation
- Access control
- High Risk Personnel or VIP Protection
- Biometric identification
- Adherent of staff to the rules of engagement of the Agency
- Ensuring that staff maintain a high level of discipline both at work and in their relationship with outsiders
- Ensure that the code of conduct of the Agency is properly articulated and observed by the officers and men of the Agency.
- Parade and Drills
- Enforcement of dress code and ensuring strict adherence.
- Inspection and maintenance of sanitation activities in the Agency.
- Effect disciplinary measures on any misconduct fairly, consistently and in line with laid down procedures.
- Coordinates the Director General’s Parade
Michael Atu Ekabatiem